August 30, 2005
had been asked for my current grime top 10 by rap.de yesterday
and found it quite difficult to get ten new tracks together.
grime is not constantly offering off the hook tracks.
sometimes the releases are just mere copies of the last big tune
like all the POW and NO rip-offs out there and sometimes
it's just not my cup of dirt.
this is it:
1. "GET SET" low deep feat. kano, doctor, demon, ghetto+big seek /
run the road 2 sampler, 679 rec.
2. "OS&SKITS" mic man feat. cw / knife edge recordings 002
3. "WAR" fumin / backslang ep, ud whites
4. "9 TO 5" lady sovereign, jme remix / island
5. "LIFT OFF" plasticman / macabre unit, terrorhythm
and here is a lil bit of WAR for you:
download FUMIN here
August 26, 2005
OH - AH - YES - FOLKS!
IT'S GRIME TIME TONIGHT!
i was under the impression you lot could read
my mind - that's why i forgot to mention!
hey - everybody go!
i'm shakin'my booty home alone already coz i can't wait!
FRONT ROW GROUPIES UNITE!
GRIME TIME WMF SOMMERLAGER 26/08/05
CAMEO BRUZA TRIPLE THREAT MATT SHADETEK
GOSH! i nearly forgot:
YESTERDAY to the day was the 1 YEAR SICK GIRLS ANNIVERSARY.
yape - on wednesday august the 25th 2004, jay oh and i played together
for the first time, funnily enough at TRESOR.
not downstairs in the dungeon but at TUNA BAR right next to the bartenders.
in case you would like to congratulate (or condulate) or want to
drop off some presents (we like dark chocolates and rude records)
come join our inofficial celebration night THIS SATURDAY at WMF LOUNGE.
we start about 1am and won't stop till brooklyn.
ok. i had a second listen on a proper soundsystem.
never trust your ibook.
MS DYNAMITE'S new album JUDGEMENT DAY will be out in october.
and you should go an get it.
it is pop. it is r'n'b. and it's seductive.
naomi's voice might sound a bit more mature and tender than it
used to be but it's still beautiful and unique.
the whole album definitely carries a mary j blidge aura all around it
but luckily much more in a neneh cherry kind of sense, than
any us-overload bobby stinky brown way.
for my taste she could have spread less love and more POWer,
but hey - she's a mum and she is just so deep in love,
so what shall you do...
my hope counts on her/the label's skills to get the right producers
for some decent banging dancefloor remixes.
i would highly recommend to get LOW DEEP to start with.
August 25, 2005
AND THE MOBO GOES TO
you can just as well call this years MOBO awards KANO awards
since our favourite MC top cat is nominated in 4 categories:
BEST HIP HOP ACT
BEST UK NEWCOMER
BEST UK ARTIST OF THE YEAR
we wish you luck on september 22nd, man.
pass the border westwards - head to france and
download some killer dj mixes at ROOTS PEOPLE MUSIC.
tricky PLASTICMAN mc mix, dubstep SLAUGHTER MOB bassmonster
and a dance your ass off J DA FLEX burner, just to name a few.
August 24, 2005
THIS GUY IS SKY HY
ATLANTA gives home to LUDACRIS as well as to OUTKAST which seem to be
two of the main influences of our man SKY HY.
my friend petal (yo girl!) saw him live at the wmc this year and dropped me
a real cool track:
THE YEEK SONG is doing all the right things at the right time,
nuff electronics, nuff dirty south, nuff intelligence to make me sweat.
have a listen and let us know if we should get him for the revolution...
August 23, 2005
I FOUND IT AND NOW ITS MINE.
* download ROLL DEEP and KANO live at the amphitheatre, new york over at djlioness. that's anyway a blog to watch. it's improving everyday with rinse fm dj lioness delivering the good stuff right from the streets...
* get the sex/sweat/relax august mix at the crazy and definitely certified bananas
* and while you're already there, just stroll over to lemon red for the monthly freebee mix. it's ghislain poirier this time and i want to marry him. maybe.
* psychic reading? dude, leave the psychic and stick with reading. the berlin international literature festival starts at the 6th of september. check out the opening with fuentes and enzensberger and a packed programme of all sorts, for instance contemporary us stuff at the 'focus california' and lots of poets&poems, my love.
* this boy got balls. get to know about this oh so sinister soul of a child in the body of gareth pugh whose fairy tale fashion strangely touches long forgotten feelings. do you remember das maerchen vom zinnsoldaten? the bitter way down the gutter in cold dirty water...?
* stains and drops all over the place can make my day. have a taste of refreshment and joy looking at KR's lifesigns at my favourite number ni9ne
* and one for the ladies! femalehiphop.net is looking for a skillful programmer to support their site - please get in contact if you're female/young/urban/professional or what ever it takes to know which key to hit (i don't). speaking of keys: in case you're better with your voice or you feel the beat and produce your own - get in touch as well. femalehiphop.net launches its first netlabel called flip flops! i adore the name, like riding your bike in a real neat second hand cocktail dress with your flip flops on, your mobile phone in one hand and a malzbier in the other. oh - that's a description of my gal heike. hello heike.
REST IN PEACE BOB MOOG
1934 - 2005
August 20, 2005
welcome to the nation of republish.
pretty guys with witty humour,tasty taste and some data skills at hand
go deep into the realms of music/fashion/culture.
lots of healthy boys-next-door wisdom - no wallpaper fascism.
so dumbfuckers keep out.
the relaunch just started, be gentle with your criticism, it's beta time.
and: get your FREE RELAUNCH COOKIE on saturday. you will find your favorite
crispy republish chocolate crunch right underneath ALEXANDERPLATZ.
follow the flyers. dont call 911. dont pay to get in. dont hint hint the BZ.
we play for ya, wit ya & ya sista. like a mole inna hole.
plus witness: terrible&half girl/half sick first time b2b on a
journey from 85 to 140. rave republish.
RO-JO PIC PARADE
the frankfurt gig in technicolor.
SHOPWICHSERNUTTENDJS - OOPS!
oh sorry - did not mean to be rude.
that's just a subtle aka for some, err, friends of mine.
this krank dj team you all know of + deeply love, will
make a secret appearance at a really secret place
on a very secret date.
since winter is approaching damn soon, them friends decided
to go back where it all started.
so you fucking better take your little buttocks
to wmf next saturday and dont you dare to leave the lounge!
(ok. you might go and see egoexpress live on the main floor
but than you come right back, get me?)
the first sampler of run the road2 is out on 679 records.
i'm listening for the 5th time in a row now to low deep's 'get set'
and it gives me goose pimples and instant happiness.
you will want to dance, laugh, cry and drive a very fast car all at the same time.
cameo dropped the tune with at least a hundred rewinds at
the last grime time at wmf and i hope he will do so again
on the 26th of august.
can't wait for KANO to perfom it live when he's going to
bust the revolution next month!
August 18, 2005
99 PROBLEMS + 1 SOV
9 to 5? not for the s.o.v.! it's 24/7 fame from now on.
big news hit the streets. the jigga went to see our beloved midget
just to find out what we knew already: she's a star.
so watch sovereign grow big in america, with a lil bit of help
from jay z, da neptunes and yo' missy.
well done, gal!
August 16, 2005
NEW sick date tonight
as the sun likes to play fools with us, we go back underground.
catch dem sickies playing there favourites tunes toonight at icon.
alles was wir wollen, manchmal nicht spielen koennen oder nicht schon wieder spielen koennen
gibz heute abend in der ikone.
real info : dem :
Di 16.08._23.00_ELECTRIC ICONS - friends for music (nicht of? )
tonight: Sick Girls + Herzfeldt + Phonomat
various Styles > Rap, Sublow, Dubstep, Electro, Jazz, House, Pop, Carioca Funk, Soul, ..
(Eintritt: 3 EUR / Bier 2 EUR / Cocktails ab 4 EUR)
drink cheap and get low with us
August 14, 2005
was ne party...hoffe die jungen damen und herren, die das sofa abbekommen haben,
haben sich hinterher ihre wunden und blauen flecken
von den hübsche hamburgern in den mindestens brennenden
müllsäcken signieren lassen.
absolute wmf premieren:
stagediving von umgekippter couch in die menge.
rotierende gelbe riesengummibälle mit phono-füllung.
kreischende mädchen mit sekundenohnmacht in den ersten drei reihen.
und alles andere eigentlich auch.
das war kompletter anarcho-hop mayhem mit support von das bo,
fettfettfettem sound und - vielen dank - mega publikum.
vor deichkind wir, bruder & kronstaedta und ein etwas verunsicherter
daddy freddy, der sich ungnädig mit unserem un-rootigen dj verhalten
zeigte aber dann doch, angetörnt von dem knallvollen floor
und dem coolen feedback, anständig bühnenpräsenz droppte.
klasse, hat spass gemacht. wird wieder spass machen.
nächste revolution am 09.09.
mehr hier later on.
August 05, 2005
GET IT - SPREAD IT
REVOLUTION N°5 / AUGUST 05
DIE SUPER SOMMER FUN POP GOES THE REVOLUTION ISSUE!
und weil wir immer für überraschungen gut sind, gibts bei der nächsten revolution
bass deutsch auf beide ohren.
deichkind sind die wahnsinnigen hip hop elektro hybriden, die auf der bühne
unbedingt ein sofa brauchen, das nach selbstauskunft nach dem gig sogar
die eigene mutter nicht mehr wiedererkennen wird (haben sofas mütter?).
wenn der sommer schon keinen spaß macht, dann wenigstens wir.
auch nicht verpasst werden darf unsere neue (erste!) show gemeinsam mit
bruder&kronstaedta und dem 'raggamuffin hip hop' originator daddy freddy!
yessa - sick girls mc power...
dazu noch die wundervolle beatmächtige caynd und unsere heimatedition mit
jamaica-flavour rennt 10 mal um den block.
und hier noch mal in schön:
August 02, 2005
insel der jugend
king david sound / ganjaman live / jr. randy & friends /
dubpassport fireclap / defiant / spoke / flowpro / scamp /
electric earliners & guest mcs / + half girl half sick!
catch me playing a pure grime set at insel der jugend.
this nite is all about original dub, drum&bass and first time:
i will be able to play all my latest uk rekkits
to a bass-proven, real breakbeat audience - quite a
challenge for me.
would be nice to see some grime time fans there as well,
you will love the tunes, i promise...
high five to marcel from RAW temple and lisa beatfreakz!